High standards in uniform are indicative of the high standards that we promote at our school. Our uniform is part of our school identity and motto, uniting our pupils and we hope that they enjoy wearing it.”
At Heworth Primary School, in conjunction with Pathfinder Multi-Academy Trust, we aim to provide the most cost effective uniform for our families. We have made a commitment to:
- Assess the overall cost implications including assessing the impact variations in uniform can have
- Avoid frequent changes
- Consider how costs affect different groups of pupils
- Engage with parents and pupils when reviewing our uniform
- Negating additional uniform for extra-curricular activities
- Engage with uniform suppliers to secure good value for money
School uniform and book bags with logos on can be purchased from Get Branded, Unit 5 Green Lane Trading Estate, Clifton, York, YO30 5PY / 0800 124 4133 / click here for website. Children do not have to wear uniform with logos and other items can be purchased from any shop / supermarket. Preloved uniform is also available from the School Office between 8.30am and 3.30pm.
We have a range of good quality preloved school uniform in a range of sizes for a donation of your choice.
- Red, sweat shirt, plain or with school logo
- Red, jumper or cardigan, plain or with school logo
- White shirt/red or white polo shirt with or without school logo
- Grey or black trousers, skirt, pinafore dress
As above, with the following also permissible:
- Plain grey shorts
- Red and white cotton dress
Any sensible black shoes (not trainers). All items including footwear should be named so that identification of lost property is easier.
For health and safety reasons, no jewellery should be worn. Studs in ears are permissible but these must be removed for PE and swimming.
PE kit comprises of the following:
- White T-shirt
- Navy shorts
- Navy tracksuits in colder weather
- Plimsolls for indoors
- Trainers for field activities (optional, for Year 3 and older)