|Start of the school day||8.40am|
|End of the school day||3.15pm|
|School week||32.9 hours|
Hopscotch Breakfast Club
The day starts bright and early for some of our children who attend our Hopscotch Breakfast club which is available from 7:30am. All children from Reception to Year Six must be ‘passed-over’ to a member of the ‘Out of School Club’ staff not Heworth Primary teaching staff. Children should not arrive at the front door without an adult present.
Normal School Times
For children not attending Hopscotch, we open our school gate at 8:30am from which time children and parents/carers can make their way into the playground.
At 8:40am the door to school from the playground is opened for children in Class 2,3,4 & 5 to make their way in.
At 8:40am the door to Class 1 is opened for children in Class 1.
Travelling to school
Children in Years Reception, Y1, Y2, Y3 and Y4 must come to school with an adult* who remains with them until school opens at 8:40am.
Children in Y5 & Y6, whose parents/carers think are able to come to school on their own safely, can do so provided school has written permission from parents (see form below).
Handing your child over
- Children in Class 1 must be handed over to the class teacher or teaching assistant at the Class 1 door.
- Children in Class 2 can make their way into school on their own or with the adult that brought them.
- Children in Class 3,4 and 5 should make their way into school on their own.
- By 8:45am every child in school should be in their classroom.
*An adult must be 16 years+
Collecting Children After School
School finishes for most children at 3:15pm from which time children are collected or walk home.
- Children in Class 1 will be handed over to parents/carers/designated adults by the teacher or teaching assistant at the Class 1 door. If another adult* is collecting children then the parents/carers of that child must have informed the school.
- Children in Class 2 will be handed over to parents/carers/designated adult* by the teacher or teaching assistant in the playground. If another adult is collecting children then the parents/carers of that child must have informed the school.
- Children in Class 3, 4 and 5 will make their own way out of the school building and will meet the adult collecting them in the playground. If another adult is collecting children then the parents/carers of that child must have informed the school.
- Children in Y5 and Y6, whose parents/carers think are able to leave to school on their own safely, can do so provided school has written permission from parents.
Hopscotch After School Care
Some of our children remain after school with our Hopscotch After School Care. These sessions can be booked through ParentPay which has all the details of different times and prices.
Children must be collected by an parents/carers/designated adult* and passed over by a member of staff from the Out of School Club.
School Clubs (football, film, computing etc)
We are lucky to have staff who believe in the importance of extra-curricular activities for our children. For a fairly small school we usually are able to offer a wide variety of clubs that often include a range of sports, music, cooking and crafts.
All school clubs finish at 4:15pm. A parent/carer/designated adult* must be there to collect children from clubs. Staff leading clubs will hand children over from the main door at the front of school.
(Only children in Y5 and 6, with written permission, can leave on their own)
*An adult must be 16 years+